Tom and I had previously enjoyed listening to The Historian and so I went to the library to find another audio book to keep us occupied during our travels. I have always been curious about the Black Dahlia and when I saw the audio book was available, I decided to check it out. We listened to this book over the course of two weeks. It dragged on and on with many twists and turns. There seemed to be a lot of extraneous information offered by the author that did not enhance the plot in any way. Also, the use of law enforcement vernacular really seemed to take away from the story...I found it distracting. If you like murder mystery's that are overly graphic and violent, you might enjoy this book. Overall, I would not recommend reading the Black Dahlia.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Book 9: The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
Tom and I had previously enjoyed listening to The Historian and so I went to the library to find another audio book to keep us occupied during our travels. I have always been curious about the Black Dahlia and when I saw the audio book was available, I decided to check it out. We listened to this book over the course of two weeks. It dragged on and on with many twists and turns. There seemed to be a lot of extraneous information offered by the author that did not enhance the plot in any way. Also, the use of law enforcement vernacular really seemed to take away from the story...I found it distracting. If you like murder mystery's that are overly graphic and violent, you might enjoy this book. Overall, I would not recommend reading the Black Dahlia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment