
Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
This will be my 7th read for 2009!! And as a challenge to myself, I decided to read the book and watch the movie. Unless you are a Nicholas Sparks fan, I think you will find this book to be what I would refer to as a completely ridiculous read. Who reads this stuff? It reminds of the feel good stories I would read in Reader's Digest when I was a kid. Bleh! At times, I really struggled with not chucking the book at the wall as some of the text was soooooooo cheesy!! The movie was only slightly better and there were a number of noticeable changes from the original storyline (improvements in my opinion). I love Diane Lane and I SO wanted to enjoy this movie and, in the end, it did end up being a tear-jearker for me.
I am tagging this entry under travel as I have been to North Carolina and unfortunately did not get a chance to visit the Outer Banks area. I found information here on the location where the movie was shot: http://www.midgettrealty.com/nights-in-rodanthe.htm And here is some information about Serendipity, the home used in the movie: "Serendipity is the Northernmost house on the oceanfront on Hatteras Island, with unobstructed ocean views and sound views from upper floors. Very easy beach access right at your feet. Located in Mirlo Beach subdivision, which offers soundfront windsurfing and kayaking access and community tennis court. Four bedrooms are on the second floor, one bedroom is on the third floor and one bedroom is located on the fourth floor." I would love to visit someday!
1 comment:
I read a Nicholas Sparks' book (The Notebook, maybe?) once in high school. And that was the last time. It was awful.
Post a Comment