
In my hunger for more of my favorite vampire, Edward Cullen, I was pleased to find out that there was yet another "novel" by Stephanie Meyer in the Twilight saga. Midnight Sun is a 264 page draft of the novel Twilight, from Edward's point of view. It is available free, for download, from Stephanie Meyer's website. It is disappointing that Midnight Sun was leaked to the public before it went to the publisher. As a result, Stephanie has said that she has no plans to finish Midnight Sun. This is understandable, but frustrating. Personally, I feel as though Stephanie is punishing her fans. When I read the draft, I couldn't help but compare the story to Bella's point of view. As Stephanie is now an experienced writer, I found that she seems to have improved in her ability to actually tell a story. In my opinion, Midnight Sun is written much better than Twilight. It may be that my appreciation for the saga has grown (as well as my love for Edward-hee hee), but I believe that Stephanie did a much better job with Midnight Sun. Of course, I encourage you to read Midnight Sun if you are a fan of the Twilight saga. If you have never read anything by Stephanie Meyer, you might start with Midnight Sun since it is free. Either way, I highly recommend checking it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment