Friday, March 6, 2009

Book 5: Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

So, I finally finished up Eat, Pray, Love. Overall, I liked this book. I found that I could relate to the author a lot because the way she wrote is very similar to the way I think and talk. I think writing EPL must have been very therapeutic for Liz and it was almost as if she had to write it in order to process everything that happened during that time in her life. My favorite section was probably her stay in Italy. I was soooo in love with all the food and, someday, I hope to travel to Italy and I was drooling over all of the food and the walks she would take. I appreciated all three sections of this boko and I also love how she broke the sections up by prayer beads. I have included a picture her of Ketut, looking just as I pictured him. Also, I did a little digging and here is some information relevant to the book:
Pizzeria in Naples
A Visit with Wayan
Another Visit with Wayan
Elizabeth Gilbert

2 comments:

Keri said...

Aww... a photo of Ketut! :-) Interesting links too. Thanks for posting. Love her or hate her, Wayan sounds like quite the character.

Tom, Amanda, Emmett and Elijah said...

I think we would have to really understand what it is like to live the way (and where) she does. I think Wayan has a good heart, but also knows she must survive, make money and care for her children. I have encountered people like Wayan when travelling: desperate for a buck, outright aggressive and won't take "no" for an answer. This is one reason that I prefer to travel with my hubby...he knows how to look big and scary!