Friday, July 3, 2009

Book 10 - for real this time - Outlander by Gabaldon

A total oversight on my part, I swear! I thought Life of Pi was book 10...nope! Outlander by Diana Gabaldon is officially book 10 of 25 books read in 2009. This challenge is turning out to be much more difficult than I thought. I have started at least three other books and could not get through more than about thirty pages of any of them. I did, however, manage to get all the way through this beast. Unfortunately, I had a hard time getting into this one and after about 250 pages I almost gave up. I have had a number of avid female readers recommend this book to me, but I just don't get it. It has sex, romance, chivalary, fighting, time travel, etc...so I would say it is fairly exciting once you get past the boring bits, but I won't be moving on to read any more in this series.

No comments: